FAQ FAQ Search Search
Log me on automatically each visit    
Register Register Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Feature Requests

Reply to topic
multi users lookup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aikidokid
PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2004 0:52    Post subject: multi users lookup Reply with quote

Would be great if the administrator account could at least read into user accounts.

Still think its a great App.
Tjark Derlien

PostPosted: Fri 10 Dec, 2004 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIX runs with the privilieges of the user who runs it. So if the Finder can't open a specific folder, DIX can't do that, too.
I will investigate how the user can give DIX more privileges (apart from the sudo command Wink
Toivo

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jun, 2006 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried invoking DIX thru terminal using the sudo command. Works great, does exactly what I want it to do.

Could you incorporate this functionality within the next release, wrapped in a nice GUI? Probably with a red border somewhere signifying DIX was started with the sudo command?

Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once
Van

PostPosted: Sat 03 Nov, 2007 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toivo wrote:
I tried invoking DIX thru terminal using the sudo command. Works great, does exactly what I want it to do.

Could you incorporate this functionality within the next release, wrapped in a nice GUI?

I second that request. As the de facto administrator of all the family Macs, it is up to me to manage disk space usage, but because each family member has a separate account, I don't get a full overview of where all the file space is going.

It's compounded by the fact that my daughter's account tends to hold music, my wife's stores photos, my son's has movie projects, and my own account keeps a broad spectrum of file types. Without read access to the whole disk, running DIX from any user account would give a misleading impression of file usage.

I wouldn't mind having to type an authentication password for DIX to "sudo" its directory traversal.

Van
Reply to topic    Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: