FAQ FAQ Search Search
Log me on automatically each visit    
Register Register Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Feature Requests

Reply to topic
Exporting and Printing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
futileboy

PostPosted: Mon 27 Feb, 2006 23:16    Post subject: Exporting and Printing Reply with quote

I would really like to have a way to export out the treemap to a vector (PDF, AI, EPS) format.

Also I tried printing and got an error. I wasn't sure if printing was supposed to work or not.
Tjark Derlien

PostPosted: Wed 01 Mar, 2006 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, there is currently no way to print the treemap or export it in any other way (well, except making a screenshot).
Exporting the treemap itself in a vector format is difficult, as it is a rendered bitmap.

I may add a printing feature in the feature, but printing solely the treemap has little value, as you then have no clue for what each rectangle stands. So I think DIX needs some kind of report printing which optionally includes the treemap.

- Tjark
mcarroll

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:58    Post subject: Suggestion Reply with quote

KDirStat and WinDirStat both have some output options - cleanup actions (ability to call a script basically) and email output.
(Not sure why the focus on email specifically, but not printing, or file output.)

It seems in theory (to a non-programmer, admittedly) that implementing functionality from one of those apps for DIX might be sorta "easy".

I would love to at least see an option to output a text file with the same content as the "Email report" option in the "parent" apps. Even better, a feature like their Cleanup actions, but a little more flexible so output like that in the "Send email" feature is possible. Adding variables for data like size, time and date would be the main things.

(And agreed on the minimal usefulness of the treemap if it's not live. A script heavy HTML page over an image of the treemap might give some of the effect though.)

Thank you for making a great little tool!
-Matt
Reply to topic    Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: